But will CLOSE Nov 18, 2021.
Limited space available for the IN-PERSON Day, Sunday, Nov 21, 2021, so submit your game ASAP.
RPGA-Con DISCORD Server: https://discord.gg/TsTuKk2
This is a HYBRID Convention, meaning Saturday, Nov 20 is the ONLINE Day, and Sunday Nov 21 will have BOTH ONLINE events and an IN-PERSON event at Dickens Pub in Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Subject to the current pandemic situation).
IN-PERSON: We are reducing capacity from 32 games to 20 games (10 games per program). See our COVID Precautions page for how we are working to make this a safe event.
ONLINE: Each Game will have a VOICE and TEXT chat created on our Discord Server by your Game's Title as soon as your game is approved and you will be able to post and pin stuff so you can interact with your players ASAP.
GATHER TOWN: We will have a RPGA-Con Gather Town Space for you to explore and play in. In the Dickens Pub Tavern, go upstairs to the gaming room and check out that space. Each table is a video voice chat room with share screen and white board functionalities. So if you want a different experience to the Discord channels this might be a fun way to go. Go ahead and explore our RPGA-Con Gather Town (its under construction but we would love your feedback and volunteers are very much needed). https://gather.town/app/cwfWSkJvzwInI72k/RPGA-CON%202021
To SUBMIT A GAME CLICK SUBMIT EVENT button on the Home page when submissions open October 1st.
Morning Program 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
Evening Program 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM (Mountain Standard Time)
Game Masters/Event Hosts, you can START and END your event/game at any time within the program's time frame, but you MUST END BEFORE the intermission because we have prizes to give away and people need to switch tables and pee.
SAFETY TOOLS: Game Masters/Event Hosts MUST also agree to support and follow our Safe Space Code of Conduct and use a safety tool, such as the X-Card or lines and veils. For more choices play check out Monte Cook's Consent in Gaming free booklet, it is AMAZING! Also providing trigger and content warnings are helpful too.
Our ROLL20 X-Card suggestion: Set the X-card as a CHARACTER in the Journal and make it viewed by All Players and Editable by All Players, then they can just drag it onto the map screen to use. Here is a Transparent image for the X-Card Character token for you:
Game Masters/Event Hosts get a free Game Master Badge as a thank you for their hard work. Without the Game Master's there are no games. The Game Master Badge allows Game Masters to choose to be a Player for free the entire weekend in other people's games. You also get access to our Gather Town con space. We want you Game Masters to run the GAME SYSTEM you want to. In the past we had a nice mix of well-known games like D&D 5E and independent games for folks to try something new and different.
There will also be dedicated prizes for you folks.
Remember our base time zone is MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME, but this is a WORLDWIDE event so we have tried to have a broad range of times for INTERNATIONAL gamers, Use this site to convert to your time zone: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
1) You must read the SAFE SPACE CODE OF CONDUCT listed on the Front page. By making your submission you are agreeing to adhere and enforce it and to use some sort of safety tool at your game for everyone’s safety and gaming fun. The default safety tool is the X-CARD (see the GAME MASTER/EVENT HOST page more details). You also agree to communicate well with the Organizers, your Players, and to be on time. Any No-Shows may be banned from further RPGA events.
2) This is a HYBRID Con with a 1 Day IN-PERSON (Sunday Nov 21), and 2 Days ONLINE (Saturday and Sunday Nov 20& 21). Please be aware that the IN-PERSON Con has a high possibility of being cancelled depending on the Heath Measures at the time and our Venue's status. You must have proof of COVID vaccination to participate (both doses), to provide to the venue staff. You must be willing to follow all masking requirements.
3) ONLINE Events: the Hosts/Game Masters are responsible for choosing your format and setting up the online spaces for your game and providing the links to the organizers and participants.
We will provide a Voice and Text Channel for your games on our DISCORD server immediately once your game is approved and you can start pinning posts and interacting with players there.
4) CHECK YOUR PLAYERS LIST 15- 30 min BEFORE your start time. Players may have cancelled or new ones joined up and may need your links sent to them.
5) Plan to spend around 15 - 30 mins for PLAYER ORIENTATION, many are NEW and need a walk thru of your online venue, help with their microphones or basic rules for your game/event. You are required to send the Organizers your links so our help desk can direct any lost players.
6) RPG and Panel events: please do NOT pick times in the daily intermissions 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM MST, that's when we plan our PRIZE DRAWS AND SWITCHING GAMES.
7) All con times are MOUNTAIN STANDARD. Be aware when you are selecting your start times.
8) We're trying something new, using the Gather Town web app to create a more fun convention experience. Vendors/Publishers are welcome to submit an Event/Store Front. Check it out Gather | A better way to meet online.
9) You must provide your VTT links (Roll20/Foundry/Vault/Zoom), in your submission form so that our HELP DESK can direct any players that are lost.