We continue to monitor conditions regarding COVID-19 and large public gatherings. The CDC has recently published recommendations for COVID-19 prevention based on Community Level. Following those recommendations we are adjusting the required COVID-19 Protocols for attendance at BGG.Spring 2022.
Dallas, Tarrant, and all surrounding counties are currently designated “Low Risk” with a recommendation that “Indoor masking is personal preference”. These conditions are projected to remain at least until the summer. Our Protocols are therefore dependent on the designated Community Level for Dallas and Tarrant counties at the start of the convention on May 27th:
- If both Dallas and Tarrant county are still designated “Low Risk” by the CDC at the start of the convention on May 27th, wearing a mask will be "recommended but not required" for all activities of BGG.Spring. In this case there will still be some gaming space designated “Mask Required” for those who feel more comfortable there.
- If either Dallas or Tarrant county are designated “Medium” or “High Risk”, wearing a mask will be required for all activities of BGG.Spring. In this case there will still be some gaming space designated “Mask Optional” - basically this scenario is just as we ran BGG.CON last November.
Additional Attendee Guidelines
- Respect the personal choices of those around you. We will not tolerate harassment of any kind, and this now explicitly includes the choice to wear or not wear a mask. If you feel another attendee is not following required policies, seek out a member of TeamGeek rather than engaging directly.
- Do not attend BGG.Spring if you are sick. If there is any chance you have anything contagious, whether it be a cold, the flu, a stomach bug, whatever, don’t come.
- If you become ill during the event, please isolate until you feel better, or go home.
- Attendees age 5 and over are required to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or must have a negative test result within 72 hours of arriving at BGG Events.
- At check-in, attendees will be required to complete a form similar to the following:
These forms will be provided at registration and filled out onsite. We will not be requesting attendees to present vaccination cards or COVID results. We recognize this form relies on the honor system, and we expect our attendees to be honorable. In any case, the mask requirements will be strongly enforced.
Acceptable mask use
- All masks (including gaiters) must have at least 2 opaque layers. Bandanas will not be acceptable. We will have some masks available for attendee use; however, we request you bring your own if possible.
- All masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- If a member of Team Geek or BGG Events requests you to adjust your mask properly on your face (over mouth and nose), you are expected to comply immediately.
- Failure to comply with Team Geek and/or with BGG Events will result in your removal from BGG Events.
- Verbal or physical abuse of any attendee, Team Geek member, or Convention Committee member will result in your removal from BGG Events and possible banning from any future BGG Events.
Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport
Please see this additional information sent to us from our host venue, the Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport:
- We are fully GBAC rated for cleanliness and procedures, the highest level possible
- We have a dedicated Cleanliness Team with enhanced electrostatic disinfectant tools
- Signage across Hotel to promote CDC recommended guidelines
- Hand sanitizers located throughout the Hotel and meeting spaces
- Contactless door entry and check-in processes when possible
- Encouraging guests to utilize mobile check-in
- Plexiglass barriers where possible
And check out this helpful infographic.
What do I need to do if the scope of these requirements makes me unable to attend BGG Events?
This is a valid response whether you think we are too lenient or too strict and you are welcome to forgo coming to BGG Events.
Refunds for badges purchased after February 15, 2022:
- Log in to TTE and connect to BGG.Spring 2022 page
- Click on Attend > Get Your Badge
- Next to your name, under the "Manage" column, click "Refund". If "Refund" is not an option here, DO NOT click "Delete" - your badge was likely rolled over from 2020 - see below.
Refunds for badges rolled over from BGG.Spring 2020:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. requesting the refund.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us game responsibly together.
Email us directly at email@example.com.