We continue to monitor conditions regarding COVID-19 and large public gatherings. We have limited attendance to about 2/3rds of our 2019 level and will be implementing the following protocols in consultation with our venue, insurance partner and other experts.
- Masks are required in all convention spaces unless otherwise specified. There will be NO exceptions. This will include, but is not limited to: Exhibitor Hall, Library, Breakout Rooms, Hot Games, Open Gaming Rooms, Special Events, Cash and Carry, Hallways and Lobby space within our security areas, etc.
- There will be a few breakout rooms and open gaming spaces that are "mask optional". (These spaces will be designated on the venue maps which will be uploaded later.) Please help us plan for our space utilization by filling out this quick questionnaire: Gaming Space Preferences
- Attendees are required to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or must have a negative test result within 72 hours of arriving at BGG.CON.
- At check-in, attendees will be required to complete a form similar to the following:
These forms will be provided at registration and filled out onsite. We will not be requesting attendees to present vaccination cards or COVID results. We recognize this form relies on the honor system, and we expect our attendees to be honorable. In any case, the mask requirements will be strongly enforced.
Acceptable mask use
- All masks (including gaiters) must have at least 2 layers. Bandanas will not be acceptable. We will have some masks available for attendee use; however, we request you bring your own if possible.
- All masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- If a member of Team Geek or BGG Events Staff requests you to adjust your mask properly on your face (over mouth and nose), you are expected to comply immediately.
- Failure to comply with Team Geek and/or with BGG Events Staff will result in your removal from BGG.CON 2021.
- Verbal or physical abuse of any attendee, Team Geek member, or Convention Committee member will result in your removal from BGG.CON 2021 and possible banning from any future BGG Events.
Hyatt Regency Dallas
Please see this additional information sent to us from our host venue, the Hyatt Regency Dallas:
- All colleagues (Hyatt employees) are required to wear masks
- We are fully GBAC rated for cleanliness and procedures, the highest level possible
- We have a dedicated Cleanliness Team with enhanced electrostatic disinfectant tools
- Signage across Hotel to promote CDC recommended guidelines
- Hand sanitizers located throughout the Hotel and meeting spaces
- Contactless door entry and check-in processes when possible
- Encouraging guests to utilize mobile check-in
- Plexiglass barriers where possible
And check out this helpful infographic.
What do I need to do if the scope of these requirements makes me unable to attend BGG.CON 2021?
This is a valid response whether you think we are too lenient or too strict and you are welcome to forgo coming to BGG.CON 2021.
Refunds for badges purchased since June 2021:
- Log in to TTE and connect to BGG.CON 2021 page
- Click on Attend > Get Your Badge
- Next to your name, under the "Manage" column, click "Refund". If "Refund" is not an option here, do not click "Delete" - your badge was rolled over from 2020 - see below.
Refunds for badges rolled over from BGG.CON 2020:
Please send an email to email@example.com requesting the refund.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us game responsibly together.