We continue to monitor conditions regarding COVID-19 and other illnesses as they relate to large public gatherings.
As specifically relates to COVID-19: The CDC has published recommendations for COVID-19 prevention based on Community Level. Following those recommendations we are adjusting the required COVID-19 Protocols for attendance at BGG Events.
Dallas, Tarrant, and all surrounding counties are currently designated “Low Risk” with a recommendation that “Indoor masking is personal preference”. Our Protocols are therefore dependent on the designated Community Level for Dallas and Tarrant counties at the start of the convention on November 7:
- If both Dallas and Tarrant county are designated “Low Risk” by the CDC at the start of the convention on November 7, wearing a mask will be "recommended but not required" for all activities of BGG.CON. In this case there will still be some gaming space designated “Mask Required” for those who feel more comfortable there- basically this scenario is just as we ran BGG.Spring in May, 2022.
- If either Dallas or Tarrant county are designated “Medium” or “High Risk”, wearing a mask will be required for all activities of BGG.CON. In this case there will still be some gaming space designated “Mask Optional” - basically this scenario is just as we ran BGG.CON in November, 2021.
Additional Attendee Guidelines
- Respect the personal choices of those around you. We will not tolerate harassment of any kind, and this now explicitly includes the choice to wear or not wear a mask. If you feel another attendee is not following required policies, seek out a member of TeamGeek rather than engaging directly.
- Do not attend BGG Events if you are sick. If there is any chance you have anything contagious, whether it be a cold, the flu, a stomach bug, whatever, don’t come.
- If you become ill during the event, please isolate until you feel better, or go home.
- Attendees age 5 and over are required to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or must have a negative test result within 72 hours of arriving at BGG Events.
- At check-in, attendees will be required to complete a form similar to the following:
These forms will be provided at registration and filled out onsite. We will not be requesting attendees to present vaccination cards or COVID results. We recognize this form relies on the honor system, and we expect our attendees to be honorable. In any case, the mask requirements will be strongly enforced.
Acceptable mask use
- All masks (including gaiters) must have at least 2 opaque layers. Bandanas will not be acceptable. We will have some masks available for attendee use; however, we request you bring your own if possible.
- All masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- If a member of Team Geek or BGG Events requests you to adjust your mask properly on your face (over mouth and nose), you are expected to comply immediately.
- Failure to comply with Team Geek and/or with BGG Events will result in your removal from BGG Events.
- Verbal or physical abuse of any attendee, Team Geek member, or Convention Committee member will result in your removal from BGG Events and possible banning from any future BGG Events.
Hyatt Regency Dallas
Please see this additional information sent to us from our host venue, the Hyatt Regency Dallas:
Hyatt hotels is aligned with current CDC guidelines and we work with groups on respecting their protocols within their private space.
The hotel has received GBAC accreditation (Global Biorisk Advisory Council). Throughout the property we use hospital grade disinfectant to mitigate risk because our guests and colleagues are our top priority.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us game responsibly together.
Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.