Many of you have used Meetups or Geeklists to schedule games at conventions. This system is very similar. We do have some guidelines and you can click the links below to get to the appropriate section:
General Guidelines for Hosts and Attendees
- All hosts and attendees must read and abide by the Code of Conduct.
- All hosts and attendees must read and abide by the Health & Safety Protocols
- All hosts and attendees must have a badge to attend BGG.CON 2022
- Exhibitors may schedule events for their booths (using the Exhibitor Event event type in the Event submission) per the Exhibitor FAQ to keep demos/plays of games within the booth. If an Exhibitor would like to arrange a larger demo/tournament, Exhibitors should review the Event Sponsorship option.
- Attendees choosing to participate in Attendee Scheduled Games will not be able to "double book" themselves for multiple Attendee Scheduled Games as a player. To view your schedule, go to Attend > My Schedule and you can see your schedule on a timeline view and scroll to the bottom to see events you are hosting or are participating in.
- We recommend all TTE users allow BGG Events to contact them regarding event submissions/approval/scheduling. Go to your account and at the question "Organizers sometimes need to know your email address to contact you about events you've submitted, or to identify ambiguous names. Will you allow all organizers to see your email address?" make sure you have specified "Organizers are allowed to see my email to identify and contact me."
- Table space is resource management game - We have LOTS of open gaming tables and should have plenty of space to play at any given time. Boardrooms are extremely limited resources and are not to be scheduled as "private group rooms" to play a variety of games. Please be mindful of others.
TTE Accounts and Hosting/Acquiring tickets
If your badge is listed under your personal TTE account, then you are able to Host an Attendee Scheduled Game. You may also Acquire tickets (i.e. seats at the table) for yourself or for any badges tied to your TTE account.
Please review TTE's "Friend System" for the best options for hosting and acquiring tickets for yourself and others.
Hosting a Game (i.e. Submitting an Event)
General instructions for Submitting/Hosting an event can be found HERE
Steps to submit an event:
Go to [Host > Submit Events](LINK TBD), and follow the prompts to create the event.
After the event has been submitted for approval....Allow up to one week for approval and scheduling from BGG Events Staff. We will be reviewing the applications to determine best location/table based on type of game, number of players, mask request, time availability, etc.
After your event has been submitted, you may check the status of your events through Host > Events I am Hosting. You may edit the event until it has been scheduled to a room and space. After the event is scheduled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As seats fill up for your game, Hosts and Attendees may message each other using the respective buttons on the Event page. Messages should include information regarding any specifics related to your game such as game editions, rules errata, expansions being used, and so forth. Please note Messages to the ticketed attendees are a GROUP message from the host's email address. Replies will go to the host. For privacy reasons neither BGG Events nor TTE will provide email addresses of individuals with tickets to your event.
Specific prompts in the event submission:
- Event Name - Game Name
- Event Type - Please choose the type appropriate Event Type. EXHIBITORS - when submitting your demos/events, choose "Exhibitor Events" as the Event Type
- Preferred and Alternate Start Times - We will do our best to schedule your game based on your preferred Start Time, but please have an alternate start time available.
- Duration - Allow enough time for setup, play and cleanup for your event. Be mindful of others that have been scheduled into the table before or after, so please start and end ON TIME.
- Max Tickets - This is the TOTAL number of players for the game (INCLUDING THE HOST if the host is choosing the play). Note - a table seat IS automatically saved for the host of the game, if designated in the event submission. This will not show up as a "ticketed" event for the host on the schedule, but as an "Event I'm hosting" on the schedule.
- Spaces Needed - If your game requires a large amount of table space and a boardroom table is unavailable - How many tables are required for your game?
- Will event host also play the game? - If yes, a seat at the table will automatically be reserved for the host and the max tickets available for attendees to claim will be automatically reduced by 1.
- Reserved Tickets for Attendees - Choose the number of tickets you've already designated for specific attendees and choose the individuals from your TTE Friends list to receive a reservation invitation. If an individual is not listed in your list of TTE friends, the seat will still be reserved and not able to be claimed by others, however, that individual will not see the game in their schedule. If hosts need assistance with allowing other attendees to claim seats, please contact email@example.com
- Age Range - Choose the age group that you are comfortable with hosting.
- Has Special Requests - May show Boardroom table, Larger Breakout Room and/or Masks Required
- Player Experience with this Game - Choose a level of experience that you would prefer for other players
- Rules Taught? - Choose the level of rules teaching provided
- Masks Required? - Select Mask level for your game
- Has Special Requests - Optional: Select Boardroom, Larger Breakout Room and/or Masks Required
Cancelling an event - Circumstances may determine a need to "Cancel" the event. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may cancel the event and remove it from the visible schedule.
Acquiring a ticket
See Here for General Instructions.
To acquire a ticket (a seat at the table) for yourself, your badge to BGG.CON must be tied to your personal TTE account or you need to coordinate with the person that purchased your badge to get tickets for you. See above Or you need to claim a reserved ticket held for you via a TTE friend.
To review the events to get tickets:
- Click Attend > Event Schedule
- Use the filters to sort the events (labeled above the listings). Additional filters can be added and removed by shading/unshading options below the listings. Once you find the event you want to participate in you can click on "Get" or the event name/number to get more information. Please make note of Mask Requests, Age Requests, etc. before getting a ticket for an event.
- Click "Get" or "Get Tickets" to add a ticket to your "Cart".
- Repeat the above for all events you are interested in participating in.
- When finished, click on the "checkout" button to finalize the process. All tickets are free so you should not be asked for payment during the checkout process, but until you finish checking out you do not yet have the ticket secured.
Removing ticket: - Go to Attend > My Schedule > Scroll to Tickets for Badge. Then click "Delete" next to the ticket you would like to remove.
Notification/Waiting List: If an event is full, you are allowed join the Notification List (Waiting List) for a game/event. If a seat opens up, everyone on the list will be notified of the opening and the first one to respond will get the open seat.
No double booking: The system will not allow attendees to book tickets for events/games with overlapping times. Event hosts may have hosted events double booked with other non-hosted events. Hosts are responsible to not double book themselves.
Please contact email@example.com.