Wait, do I have to host an event if I attend FLAG Con?
- No, definitely not. However, hosting an event is considered a perk!
Wait, do I need to preregister for events as an attendee? Can't I just play it by ear and join open games?
- Absolutely! Preregistration is not required, and you can certainly play it by ear and join open games.
What does "hosting an event" mean?
- Hosting an event means you are hosting a game or adventure at FLAG Con, just like you might host one at your home, a friend's home, or your FLGS. While it's likely that you will also participate in the game or adventure you are hosting, it's not a requirement.
What is the process for submitting an event to host?
- Once you have an event in mind that you would like to host, you can submit it through tabletop.events/conventions/flag-con-2023 You can even submit your event before purchasing your badge for FLAG Con. One of the FLAG Con Directors will review your event within a few days and approve it.
Why would I want to submit and host an event?
- There are plenty of reasons!
- Maybe you have created an adventure that you're eager to run, and you'll have a captive audience at FLAG Con.
- Perhaps you have an adventure or game that requires the right audience, and you haven't found it in your local game group. Through our event registration system, attendees can find games and adventures that intrigue them, increasing your chances of finding your ideal audience.
- Additionally, for every three to four hours of events you host, you will receive a 33% rebate on your badge. Host three events, and your FLAG Con badge is free!
Why should I submit my event as soon as event submission opens?
- While the event submission window remains open until 8/22, submitting events early will help build excitement for your event among other attendees because we will be adding events to our schedule as soon as they are approved.
When can I register for events?
- Event registration will open on 9/1.
What about MtG players?
- MtG events will be hosted by our crew.