FLAG Con strongly recommends all guests and organizers follow CDC guidelines for the convention.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention monitors COVID-19 community levels and recommends prevention strategies based on those levels.
You can see excerpts from these guidelines below.
- Stay up to date on vaccination, including recommended booster doses.
- Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to COVID-19.
- For the safety of the community, please stay home if you are feeling sick or have symptoms of COVID 19.
Furthermore, FLAG Con will implement the following COVID-safe norms.
- FLAG Con will make face masks available to attendees should they need to wear one.
- FLAG Con will make hand sanitizers available throughout the convention spaces.
- FLAG Con will allow only badge holders into the convention spaces.
The FLAG Con masking policy will follow the guidelines for Tompkins County, New York as they are described on the Sunday prior to the start of the convention (October 29th, 2023).