Did you miss the Gamicon Auction last year? Are you jonesing to get rid of some games and get some new games? We did, and we’re taking action.
But. Due to limited space, this year we are having a Meeple Market instead of an Auction. This is intended only for one year, and we hope to go back to our beloved, full, live auction next year.
Meeple Market just means like a garage sale or flea market, but it sounds more game-ish.
WHEN AND WHERE
The Market will be open from 11 am to 1 pm on Saturday, in the Rosewood Room.
HOW TO PLAY
Sellers: First register for the convention. Then sign up for the Meeple Market event using the normal event sign-up procedure. If you think you don’t have enough items, consider buddying up with someone else that only has a few items, and share a table, to make your offering look more impressive.
Buyers: First register for the convention. Then show up between 11:00 and 1:00 on Saturday with money.
1) Tables are free to Gamicon attendees with full memberships on a first-come, first-served basis. They are for selling personal property of a gaming nature, from your private collection only.
2)Sellers may only reserve one table.
3) Sellers are responsible for handling financial transactions. If you plan to deal in cash, please have enough change. Do not ask Registration to break bills, as they have been instructed not to. You should definitely set your prices in even dollar amounts and should consider multiples of the even more common amounts of $5 or $20.
4) Sellers should also consider having a way to take digital transactions, such as Venmo, Paypal, Square, etc.
5) If you have questions before Gamicon, please email them to the Gamicon Auction team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6) There will be a representative of Gamicon in the Rosewood room during the event if you have any questions there, although it is hard to imagine what they would be.
These tables are made available as a courtesy to our guests, and all transactions will be the responsibility of the sellers and buyers. Gamicon is not financially involved in any way.