Dragonsteel 2022 Code of Conduct
We are committed to fostering a fun, inclusive, and safe environment for all attendees, volunteers, exhibitors, guests, and staff (collectively, "fans"), free from discrimination for any reason, including age, body size, disability, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, physical appearance, race, religious beliefs or background, sexual orientation, or other differences.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for fans' behavior and consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all fans to help us ensure that Dragonsteel 2022 is a safe and positive experience for everyone.
All fans are expected to be considerate and respectful toward fellow fans. These expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Dress and appearance being similar to dress and appearance when in general public places.
- Ensuring noise levels are kept to a reasonable level.
- Using the preferred names and pronouns of other fans.
- Obtaining permission before photographing or recording other fans and stopping if asked (in the case of a minor, you must obtain the permission of the minor's parent or guardian).
- Complying with requests to stop unacceptable behavior.
- Complying with all other Dragonsteel event policies (including those regarding supervision of minors).
- Alerting convention volunteers or Dragonsteel event staff if you notice unacceptable behavior or someone in distress.
- Contacting emergency authorities immediately if you notice an urgent situation.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Vulgar, intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct (whether verbal, physical, written, or electronic).
- Stalking or following (whether physical or virtual).
- Photographing or recording fans without their permission (or the permission of a parent or guardian in the case of minors).
- Sustained or repeated disruption of Dragonsteel 2022 or interruption of other fans.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome sexual attention and behavior, including unwanted sexual language or gestures, sharing of unsolicited sexual imagery or sexting, and use of nudity or sexual images in public spaces.
- Illegal activities or acts.
- Inciting any of the behavior above.
- Any other behavior that Dragonsteel event staff deems inappropriate.
Consequences for Unacceptable Behavior
We reserve the right to deny tickets for anyone we deem to have engaged in unacceptable behavior, whether that be at Dragonsteel 2022 or any other release event, or simply when made aware of such behavior in any circumstances. We will refund and cancel such tickets if made aware after purchase but before the event begins.
If you do not share our goal of making Dragonsteel 2022 a fun and safe space for all fans, you are not welcome at Dragonsteel 2022.
We reserve the right to eject, without refund, from our contracted meeting spaces anyone who has engaged in unacceptable behavior at Dragonsteel 2022.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct or the Harassment Guidelines are not being followed, please visit the convention office, notify convention volunteers or a Dragonsteel event staff member, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not engage the offender.
- Dragonsteel event staff will take all necessary steps to assist participants in feeling safe, including imposing consequences for unacceptable behavior and making sure that participants feel safe during the convention. We will keep a record of any incidents. Incident reports will remain confidential with the exception of criminal matters, which we will report to law enforcement. However, we will take into account any concerns you may have about involving law enforcement.
- In some cases, unacceptable behavior may stop if you clearly say "No" or "Please leave me alone," or simply leave the situation. In these cases, we would appreciate it if Dragonsteel event staff are still informed to help us identify any repeat offenders.