DICE TOWER EAST -- CONVENTION RULES FOR CHILDREN AGE 17 AND UNDER
Dice Tower East (DTE) is a family-friendly event, and we gladly welcome children between the ages of 7 and 17 to join us for fun and games!! DTE wants to maintain and promote this family atmosphere; however, we also want to minimize distractions and disturbances to everyone. We request that all parents and guardians of children abide by the following set of guidelines:
- Children must wear their badges at all times while attending DTE.
- Children's badges must be part of an adult badge purchase.
- Children under 7 are not allowed in the gaming area. This includes infants and toddlers.
- At no time will DTE take responsibility for your children and there will be no babysitting or child-care services provided. Parents and guardians must be with their children who are age 7-12 at all times while at the convention.
- We are not hosting an organized children’s room at DTE nor will we have dedicated space for family gaming. The room where family gaming was last year (Curaçao 5-8) will now be dedicated to larger and social games.
- We feel comfortable allowing children age 13 and up to roam around the convention areas independently, as long as you are comfortable with it as well. We trust that you as their parents and guardians are the best qualified to make that decision.
- Children must be 13 years or older to check out a game from the Dice Tower library.
- If your child is crying, screaming, or not enjoying themselves, please escort your child from the gaming room until he/she calms down. We are happy to have children in attendance, but we ask parents and guardians to follow this rule so as to not disturb or distract other gamers.
- Children may not use the game rooms or other areas of the convention center as a playground. The hotel has areas where children can expend their energy (pool, arcade, walking path, etc.). Please utilize these facilities so the children can burn off their energy.
- The curfew for children age 12 and under is 10:00 PM, and they may not be in the game rooms after 10:00 PM. Children between the ages of 13 and 17 may stay past 10:00 PM, but we ask that parents and guardians please be mindful of their behavior. If you notice your older child starting to get tired or acting out, please remove them from the game area.