Welcome to the homepage of the fourth annual D8 Summit, a regional gaming convention benefiting Illinois Valley PADS. IV-PADS is an amazing homeless shelter, as it keeps families intact while helping the families to get back on their feet. This is the third year that the D8 Summit board has partnered with IV-PADS, which speaks volumes of the quality of help they provide our community.
Our event will again be hosted at the scenic Grand Bear Lodge and Resort, located across the street from the top-rated attraction, Starved Rock State Park. We encourage you to head over and take a hike along its scenic trails, enjoy its waterfalls, beautiful views, and history...
Unless you are busy gaming with us. That's cool too.
This step-by-step set of instructions should make it relatively pain-free to register to attend and get your favorite games.
1) Register for your badge. Badges are available for individual attendees for individual days, or for the entire weekend. There are Very Important Gamer (VIG) badges available also, while they last, which include additional games and perks.
2) Procure Swag!!! When you get a badge is the best time to add special 2019 D8 Summit items to your badge. Ordering now means we will have the item for you when you attend the convention. Also, certain items such as apparel are only available for online order.
3) Find Lodging. There are numerous lodging options if you are traveling to the 2019 D8 Summit. You will find that not only is the convention itself a value, so is the cost of rooms in the area. We do have a room block on the convention site while it lasts, so reserve a spot early.
4) Register for your games. All scheduled games have a limited number of participants, and thus they require the procurement of a ticket. You will want to get a ticket for every attendee, for every game desired. (Tickets will be available the first week of January, 2018.)
5) Attend. This is the best part. You get to meet a great group of gamers, enjoy our shared passion for games, and raise some money for a great cause. As our motto proclaims, "When you game for charity, everybody wins!"
If you are looking for a great place to stay, consider staying with our convention host. The Grand Bear Lodge and Resort offers rustic comfort. It also offers convenience, as you won't have to drive anywhere to enjoy your games. The room rate (while rooms are available) is $119 a night if you call and reserve your space now.
In addition, you can purchase day passes to the indoor water park, newly renovated and ready for fun. Ask when you reserve your room.
Contact information is available to your right, or you can visit their webpage.