Saturday, 23 July 2022 (total 9 hours 9:15am-5:30pm)
Participants in the tournament must have either a Weekend Pass or a Saturday Pass for Twisted Lords Con 2022 and must purchase one of the 30 limited spots for the tournament. The costs for convention passes are as follows:
PRE-REGISTRATION • Weekend Pass (22 – 24 July 2022) Pre-register by Jul 15, 2022: $42 • Saturday Only Pass (23 July 2022) Pre-register by Jul 15, 2022: $32
AT THE DOOR • Weekend Pass (22-24 Jul 2022): $50 • Saturday Only Pass (23 Jul 2022): $35 Participation in the Tournament: $10 (the participation price does not change regardless of purchase online or at door)
Link for Pre-registration Get Your Badge
For those who wish to register and pay at the door and are wanting a reserved spot they must email Dar_of_Kiban@yahoo.com by July 15, 2022. Rosters
All coaches that pre-register for Twisted Lords Cup 2022 are required to send in their Roster by July 18, 2022. Players can email their Roster to Dar_of_Kiban@yahoo.com
8:15 – Registration Starts
8:45 – Registration Ends
9:15 – Round 1 (Random)
11:15 – Lunch (Painting Contest Judging takes place at this time so please leave teams on display) 12:30 – Round 2 (Swiss)
2:30 – Break
3:00 – Round 3 (Swiss)
5:00 – Break
5:30 – Results/Awards
• Your Painted Blood Bowl Team
• Four Copies of your Team Roster (one for each round) and one for you
• Blood Bowl Field/Dugouts/Templates
• GW or NAF Block Dice & D8
• Match Sheet
• Blood Bowl Second Season (2020) Rule Set
• All Races in the Rulebook, Teams of Legend Document, & Slann
• Special Play Cards will not be used
• All injuries reset after each game
• Apothecaries work as described in the Rulebook
• Illegal Procedure can be shouted but will not be penalized
You are given 1,140,000 gold pieces to build your team.
• You may purchase players, rerolls, dedicated fans, coaches, and cheerleaders as normal with this money.
• Wizards, Journeymen, Special Play cards, and Mercenaries are NOT ALLOWED
• You may purchase any other inducements for your team, including Star Players
• Note: If you are including a Star Player, you must have 11 players on your team BEFORE hiring him. Having 10 players plus a Star is not allowed.
• Remember: You cannot have the same Star Player as your opponent. If both of you attempt to field the same player, then that star player has swindled you both!! Neither of you can field them. Also, you cannot use Igors or Apothecaries on Star Players.
• Argue The Call: For this to be allowed, you MUST have a coach model that is thematically accurate for your team. No regular players or oddball figures. Final discretion is given to the organizer as to what qualifies.
• All teams will get 1 Dedicated Fan for FREE
All new star players from the Second Season Edition and subsequent Spike Journals will be allowed. Second Season Edition has given Star Players each their own "Special Rule". If you have a Star Player on your roster, you are expected to explain the "Special Rule" to your opponent. Please use the something (coin, miniature, etc.) to represent when the Star Player has spent his special, once per game rule. After team is built, you are given +160,000 gold pieces to buy Normal and/or Doubles skills
• Primary Skills cost 20,000 each
• Secondary Skills cost 40,000 each
• You may not purchase any stat upgrades
• You may give each player up to two additional skills
• Your team may only take up to four of each skill total
For instance, a Human Blitzer may be given Mighty Blow & Dodge in addition to already having Block. Also, four Dwarf Blockers may be given Guard, but you cannot give Guard to anyone else.
This is a NAF approved tournament. You may register at the NAF website for $10 via PayPal.
More information can be found at TheNAF.net
In the spirit of good sportsmanship, Illegal Procedures will not be called
The game round time limit WILL be strictly enforced. You will receive ‘Time Remaining’ updates from the Tournament Organizer to help you stay on pace. The 4-Minute turn rule will not be used unless the Tournament organizer feels your game is in danger of not completing in the two-hour time limit. He may insist on a timer being used and enforcing the 4-minute turn rule. When time is called, you will play until each coach has had equal number of turns.
Please bring your own GW or NAF Block Dice & D8. Sharing dice is not required for this event.
After each round you will fill out the game sheet based on the game just completed. • A WIN is worth 30pts • A DRAW is worth 15pts • ALL KNOCK OUTS from Blocking, Fouling, Crowd Surfing, Weapons etc will provide 2pts (Not for failing GFI or Dodges) • ALL CASUALTIES from Blocking, Fouling, Crowd Surfing, Weapons etc will provide 4pts (Not for failing GFI or Dodges) • Bonus Points o If you lost by 1 Touchdown, you earn +2 bonus pts o If you caused 1 more CAS from Blocking than opp you earn +2 bonus pts o If you caused 2 or more CAS from Blocking than opp you earn +5 bonus pts o If you clear the pitch you earn +5 bonus pts (max once per game) o If you won by 2 Touchdowns you earn +2 bonus pts o If you won by 3 or more Touchdowns you earn +5 bonus pts o If you finished the game by using all turns +3 bonus pts
There will be no overtime played. If your game ends in a draw, it’s a draw.
The Scoring system has been setup to hopefully get the most accurate representation of how everyone has performed. If, by chance there is a tie in Tournament points, the ties will be broken by the tiebreaker points. If there is still a tie after tiebreaker points the table below will be used to break the tie in this order: • Winning Percentage • Head to Head record • Net Touchdowns • Net Casualties • Total TDs plus Total CAS If it is still a tie at that point, the tournament organizer will use his best judgment in finding a way to break the tie.
All teams are expected to meet the minimum painted guidelines. They must have 3 colors on them and have had some attempt at making them appear finished. If this is an issue, please advise us. Some discretion will be provided for new players or especially thematic teams.
We are here for the fun of the game. Sportsmanship is not encouraged from the coaches it is required! Fouling 16 turns in a row and running up the score is not poor sportsmanship but gloating and ridiculing your opponent while doing so is. The tournament Organizer will strictly enforce the “Don’t be a Douche” policy. Basically, it consists of not performing any acts of Douchebaggery. Players caught performing acts of Douchebaggery will be penalized 10 pts for each game in which acts of Douchebaggery was performed.
To be eligible for an award, you must have played all 4 rounds of the tournament. The following trophies will be given out after the last round: o Twisted Lords Bowl Champion - Most points scored o 2nd Place – 2 nd most points scored o 3rd Place - 3 rd most points scored o Best Offense - Team that scored the most TDs (that did not place 1st - 3rd) o Most Brutal - Team that inflicted the most Casualties from Blocking (that did not place 1st - 3rd) o Back of the Pack - Coach that finished with lowest number of Tournament points o Best Painted Team – Team that is painted the best per our Convention judges
A coach may only win one award. If they are in line to win more than one award, they will be asked which one they would prefer and the next coach in line will be given the other award. Tournament organizers reserve the right to adjust the awards based on previously explained reasons or extenuating circumstances.