We value our community and are committed to being transparent about the expectations as we interact with each other. Please find attached on this page various policies intended to support our efforts in this.
417Gamers, LLC and Moon City Con are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference to all attendees, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. Moon City Con will not tolerate harassment of any other participate or attendee in any form. Conference participates, vendors and attendees violating the following rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without refund. By attending this conference you are consenting to the following anti-harassment policy and give consent to Moon City Con regarding all decisions for sanctions or expulsion without reimbursement or refund based upon the circumstances.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
✓ Derogatory verbal comments or statements related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or education to any other Moon City Con participant or attendee;
✓ Sexual images in public spaces;
✓ Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or mockery;
✓ Harassing photography or recording;
✓ Deliberate and repeated disruption without justification of games or other events;
✓ Inappropriate physical contact of any nature with anyone;
✓ Unwelcome sexual attention;
✓ The advocating for, or encouraging of, any of the above behavior. Enforcement:
✓ Participates or attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately;
✓ Exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, or other similar activities are also subject to this anti-harassment policy;
✓ By attending Moon City Con all participates and attendees consent that event organizers retain the right to take the following actions necessary to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants: warnings and/or expulsion without refund;
✓ Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participant or attendee;
✓ An event organizer's sanction, whether it be a warning or expulsion from the event, is final.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report his/her behavior as soon as possible. You can make a personal report by
✓ Calling or messaging the following phone number: 773.573.2453
✓ Contacting a staff member identified by badge, button or t-shirt.
When taking a report, event organizers will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff organizers to ensure your report is managed properly. We may ask you to tell us about what happened.
Event organizers will be as respectful as possible, and you may bring someone to support you. You WILL NOT be asked to confront anyone and we WILL NOT tell anyone who you are. Our staff encourages everyone to have an amazing time playing games, building friendships, and meeting new players. But competitive games can become tense. Please use your best judgment when participating in friendly banter with your fellow players and please be courteous to other players with the use of any offensive language.
417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con reserve the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con including but not limited to: advertising, brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without prior written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian. A person attending any 417Gamers, LLC event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con at 2425 S. Roanoke Ave., Springfield, Missouri, 65807 in writing. By participating in a 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con event, or by failing to notify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, in writing, of your desire to not have your photograph used by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
Any person or organization not affiliated with 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con may not use, copy, alter or modify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from 417Gamers, LLC and/or
Please know that Moon City Con and 417Gamers, LLC does not require vaccination or masks to attend the convention. Nevertheless, both vaccinations and masks are highly recommended but not required.
Moon City Con and 417Gamers, LLC will follow local and venue requirements.
We will have hand washing facilities and/or sanitizing systems easily accessible to everyone throughout the event. Health and Safety Signage Signs will be placed to remind all attendees to social distance and frequently wash and sanitize their hands. Face coverings will be encouraged.
Everyone will be asked the following questions before they will receive their badge and gain entry into the conference:
• In the past 24 hours, have you experienced COVID-19 symptoms?
• Have you or people whom you have close contact with, like someone who lives in your house, a relative, a friend, or a co-worker
o tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or
o had any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days?
During your attendance at Moon City Con, you will be required to strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, mandatory face covering, and social distancing. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the conference.
• COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING MOON CITY CON AND/OR 417GAMERS, LLC CONVENTIONS WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION
o The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been previously declared a worldwide pandemic and is very contagious.
o COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
o Moon City Con has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure.
Therefore, in choosing to attend Moon City Con you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
• ASSUMPTION OF RISK o I have read and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19. I acknowledge that attending Moon City Con is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 in order to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending Moon City Con and/or 417Gamers, LLC Conferences.
• WAIVER OF LAWSUIT/ RELEASE OF LIABILITY o I, for myself, my family, successors, and assigns hereby forever release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Moon City Con and/or 417Gamers, LLC, its members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con.
• INDEMNIFICATION o I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorney fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my attendance at Moon City Con specifically related to COVID-19.