Many of you have used Meetups or Geeklists to schedule games at conventions. This system is very similar. If there is a game you want to play, you can "Host an Event" to schedule it.
ALL GAME/EVENT TIMES ARE IN US CENTRAL TIME ZONE (UTC-5)
1) ALL GAME/EVENT TIMES ARE IN US CENTRAL TIME ZONE (UTC-5) Please make sure you pick a game start time appropriately.
2) Allow extra time for the duration of your event to allow for technical difficulties as well as rules instruction, if needed. (If a game at a normal convention takes 2 hours to play, you may want to allow up to 3)
3) Each virtual event will be scheduled into a "Room" (Event Type) and a "Space" within that room. That "Space" designates a text and voice channel on our Discord server that will be reserved for your use during your event.
4) Be mindful of others that have been scheduled into the same channel before or after you, so that you don't interrupt them or that you end on time.
5) Message your event's Attendees through the Tabletop.Events messaging button on the event page. Messages should include information about usernames within various platforms, communication platform, game platform, work out any kinks in technology, etc. as well as any specifics related to your game such as game editions, rules errata, expansions being used, and so forth.
Discord - this is provided for you free for use for the duration of VGC. If you have questions about how to use this - READ HERE.
Communication/Video Platforms - You may choose to play a game via any virtual system you like (Google Meet, Zoom, etc. or any of the other communication platforms that may be available.) Just make sure to use the Tabletop.Events messaging system associated with your event to tell your game players where to meet. For other communication options, see BGG's Distance Gaming Guide.
BoardGame Platforms - The On-Line Games Wiki provides a non-exhaustive list of platforms that have boardgames built into their systems. We are proud to recommend Tabletopia as one of our sponsors this year and are grateful for their support of boardgame publishers and the boardgame industry.
Questions about hosting a game, please contact email@example.com.