Adirondacon Tabletop Gaming Convention is moving to a new venue! On September 7th and 8th we will be gathering at the Charles R Wood Theater in downtown Glens Falls, NY to have fun, play games and hopefully raise some money for charity.
It's a beautiful space and we are very excited to be holding our convention there. Badges will be sold through the theater box office either in person or by visiting OvationTix
Once you buy your ticket through the theater we will issue you a badge through the system so you can sign up for games once registration opens up.
Some of the items you can look forward to seeing this year:
- A Wizarding World/Harry Potter area where we will have numerous Harry Potter Games (Hogwarts Battle, Harry Potter Munchkin, Harry Potter Codenames, Niffler Challenge, etc.), and a few games that feel like they would be right at home in this world (Potion Explosion, The Quacks of Quedlinburg, and more). Feel free to sport your house colors!
- We will also be having a Harry Potter Pub Trivia style challenge, so get those teams ready and start reviewing both the movies and books! (Since we are trying to raise money for Extra Life, we will have some sort of "buy a clue" feature with all money going to the charity).
- Our other genre area will be a tribute to Cthulu, with a number of Lovecraftian inspired games like Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Elder Sign, Fate of the Gods and more!
- Victory Condition Gaming will be joining us again this year, and with them comes two live shows of "Whose RPG is it Anyway?" that will take place on the main stage.
- Our third annual Pitch Car Tournament and our second annual Dexterity Olympics will take place on the main stage as well, so start working on your hand and eye coordination, flicking and balancing skills now!
- A local Game Designer Corner will feature some of the very talented people in our area and the games they're developing.
- There will be an Extra Life Raffle both Saturday and Sunday evening.
- Door Prizes will be given away every few hours.
- We will have some PLAY-TO-WIN Games. You could go home with a free game, just for trying it (you don't have to be the winner, to be entered to be a winner!)
- There will be a Barter/Bargain/Trade Table at the event, so start gathering those games you'd like to get rid of and bring them along. You could end up with some extra money or head home with some new-to-you games.
- Vendors will also be on hand with some of the hottest new games, artwork, and other gamer related merchandise. Snacks will be available for sale as well.
- DID YOU MISS THE DEADLINE TO ADD GAMES TO THE SCHEDULE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see what we can do!
- For those interested in purchasing ad space, being a sponsor or vending at the event please contact email@example.com
- Any other ideas, proposals or questions feel free to reach out to us at info@adirondacon.
- For timely updates, discussions and announcements please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: @Adirondacon.